Job Vacancy – Social Media Marketer
Job Title: Social Media Marketer
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Hours: Full time (8.30-17.00)
Salary: Depending on experience
To assist in improving our social media presence, the position will offer a unique opportunity to influence the developing social strategy of the business and take part in decisions at all levels. The role includes the co-ordination of all company consumer facing brands social media accounts and production of monthly brand newsletters
- Create a content schedule based on seasonal sales to develop and implement best content principles across all brand channels.
- To develop and write original, high-quality content including activity planning on our consumer Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and other social media sites.
- To analyse and report on performance across all social media and brands. Adjusting and refining campaigns accordingly, identifying areas for growth and highlighting suggested improvements.
- Create interesting digital marketing campaigns to help grow the brand presence across social media channels. Working closely with Brand and Product Managers for future developments.
- To develop relationships with bloggers and interact with consumer press and TV production agencies to get brands recognised and arrange joint initiatives.
- Plan, film and edit video’s to enrich brands and highlight particular ranges.
- Design and help execute photoshoots to help support seasonal stories around the products.
- Develop content and write monthly brand newsletters for all brands.
Degree in Business or Marketing.
Minimum of one year working in an office environment and ideally within a marketing department.
Skills and competencies
- Passionate about creating stories and fantastic content to help grow the brands.
- Possess knowledge and some experience of social media marketing (6 months minimum).
- Demonstrates creativity and idea generation to develop interesting content.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly, and with confidence, to the business at all levels.
- Maintains excellent writing, language and proofreading skills.
- Has a working knowledge of social media tools available (i.e. Hootsuite) and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining excellent working relationships.
- Practices superior time management and takes ownership of projects.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary (i.e. content development, creation and editing of content and online reputation management).
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Ideally an active interest in related topics such as design, homewares, food and fashion.
- Ideally with a Marketing degree or similar (i.e. Journalism or English Literature).
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV to the Marketing Manager, Sally Owens at email@example.com